Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hudson is 9





We enjoyed our family's second April birthday. Hudson is officially nine! Look at all those candles on the cake. Our young family isn't used to seeing so many candles on a cake. Where does the time go? I can't believe Hudson is about half way to 19 and going on a mission. I know, I know, calm down. But when I think about how quickly this first nine years has gone by, I know that the remaining 10 will also go just as fast.

The weekend following Hudson's birthday he had a party with his friends. We broke the news to him that the days of parties at the local pizza spots are of the past. Being the first born, and us being newbie parents, we gave him a few too many of those type of parties. No longer are Craig and I shelling out the money for a bunch of kids to waste tokens so the can earn tickets and 'buy' the cheapest, dorkiest, worthless toys. So we sold him on the idea of just inviting a few of his buddies to the house for pizza and to play game cube. It worked out perfectly! He and his school buddies had fun.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Where does the time go?! I can't believe he's nine either! He is a very handsome 9-year old.

Amanda Howell said...

I know what you mean. Bailey turns 9 next month and it seems like yesterday you were giving me advice on having a new baby. We are way too young to have 9 year olds.
P.S
He is an awefully handsome boy.