Wednesday, August 26, 2009

going, going, gone

Seriously....really.....is summer really gone. Yes I know the kids start school tomorrow, but honestly it's only August 26th. Why am I finding this in my yard?!

LEAVES......NOOOOO. I'm not ready for fall because then it will be WINTER. Ugh! I'm having flashbacks of 5 ft. of snow.
Well since summer is quickly passing by here is a BRIEF recap what we did these last 3 months.
I am VERY proud of myself for researching, buying the materials, and building 3 square foot gardens ALL by myself!

Our tradition for 4th of July is to leave Spokane and go someplace where it isn't illegal to do fireworks. This year we camped at the sand dunes at Moses Lake. Then we spent the entire next day at the lake jet skiing with our friends. It was a beautiful lake and we had fun. It just wasn't the best place to sleep/camp. I don't have the time to even go into that experience.


We love it when family comes to visit! This time we had a 'rockin' time with Craig's sister and her family.

Of course we spent time at the lake on the jet skis!


We spent a week down in Boise this year. Due to an accident that occured to Craig's dad we weren't able to take the pack mules and camp in the mountains. So for 'plan B' Brett took us out in his boat to Lucky Peak.

We spent a lot of time with cousins. Being in a household of boys, I enjoyed watching my nieces constantly doing each others' hair. Gavin wanted me to 'make his hair curly' so he could join in the fun.


Breck was mesmorized with Grandpa's mules. He always wanted to go outside to see, feed, and pet them. This photo puts into perspective of how large these creatures must look to him.


It can't be a summer without picking fresh fruit. We chose peaches.


There were plenty of low ones for Breck to get.

One of our projects were to try tye dye. The kids were geared up and had fun choosing how they placed their rubber bands. They liked it so much they each did two shirts. I loved the colors and how they turned out that I grabbed an old white shirt of my own and joined in the fun.



...applying the vinegar bath.
ta-da! Look at how cute they are.

We just ended the summer vacation tonight at Hudson's scout pack meeting. They had a fishing derby. Unfortunately, he didn't catch anything.
















2 comments:

Beth said...

Lots to comment on. So sad summer seems to be on the way out. Way to go on making your own planter boxes. That's impressive! Looks like you guys went at a better time for peaches. All the ones that were left for us where high in the trees. Love the mule picture. They are big, aren't they. I love the pic of Hudson fishing. Nice shot, Nicole! I bet it'd look good in black and white too.

lisa said...

Such a fun summer! It always seems to go by so quickly! Look at you and your square foot gardening! You go! Thats awesome.
I want to see a pic of how your shirt turned out. :)