Thursday, November 03, 2011

POOL TIME

We were very blessed this summer to rotate swimming at 3 different pools. We have great friends in the ward who made an open invite for us to use their pool! August was a beautiful sunny & hot month so we were glad to escape and swim in a pool to cool off. In fact, I did my own swimming lessons this year. I did sign them up at a local pool through the park district. However, a week before it started I got a call informing me that not enough people signed up at that location and they were cancelling that session. So I asked one of our friends if I could come over for a few days and give the boys my own swimming lessons! It was fun and nice to give one on one instruction. I just googled and researched skills that were taught at each level. I don't think I'll sign up with the park district again. Next year if I want the older boys to learn technical strokes, like the butterfly that I can't do, I might just ask a friend's daughter who is on a swim team. So long park district...I'm 'home pooling' my kids!

No comments: