Sunday, December 23, 2012

Boise Trip

The first weekend of November we drove down to Boise.  I really wanted the boys to be able to see the Boise temple open house.  Here are some things we did during this quick weekend.

We arrived Friday afternoon to find Robert putting together a filing cabinet.  Hudson has put together many  things like this for us, so he was able to be Grandpa's assistant and finish the project quickly.
We had a great experience going through the beautiful new temple.  
After the temple tour Craig wanted us to get out and move around.  Sounds like a Simmons' thing to do right?  So he took us to table rock to hike up to the cross.  Robert met us there with his mule Jake.





I love this photo!  I mean, who takes a mule to the top of table rock....Robert.  We felt pretty cool to have   he and Jake in our photo.
Here is a photo to give you a scale of how big the cross is.
We drove by this cool castle house on the way to table rock.  We  just had to stop and take a photo and admire it.

I failed to take photos of Elzada and our visit at Lane's house.  Rest assured we played lost of games with Grandma and had a yummy dinner, chocolate chip cookies, and great visiting at Lane & LeAnn's.

2 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

How far is Boise? we should meet up there sometime! I'm only 4 hours away and you would be well worth the drive!!!!

Derek and Amanda said...

Next time you go to Boise let me know! We could totally meet up there:)