Thursday, December 20, 2012

Valley Fest

Gavin really wanted to go fishing this summer.  Unfortunately, that never happened during any of our camping/outdoor events.  So when an opportunity presented itself I acted on it!  I discovered that our annual September Valley Fest was offering children a chance to 'fish' for free. The fish caught were donated to a local shelter.  I totally scored because this was perfect for Gavin and Breck!  They didn't seem to care that we didn't take the fish home.  Of course, they didn't know that the fish was added to this man made pond.  {shhhh}.  Look at the smiles on the boys face.  It was a proud mom moment.  







The people in charge had a efficient system.  The kid catches the fish on the bridge.  A worker below take the fish off the hook and places it in the basket.  The basket it pulled up to the child.  Then the child gets to hold and take a picture with their fish.  
On our way out I noticed a garbage truck.  The kids were able to sit in and work the controls to grab a trash can to empty into a dumpster.  There was no line for this so the boys got to do it a couple of times.  What kid doesn't like a garbage truck! 


No comments: