Sunday, June 01, 2008
My current test of patience
The following pictures aren't pleasant. For exactly two weeks I've had a bizarre severe allergic reaction to a sports adhesive bandage wrap. It first started in one little spot the size of a nickel. However, it soon spread all over the top of my foot, ankle, and a tiny bit underneath. My poor foot has been a red, bumpy, swollen, ITCHY mess. It has been quite unbearable at times; an overwhelming itching sensation I had to ignore. Literally if my pant leg brushed up against it or if anyone touched it, I about died. I've had many sleepless night. Think of hives magnified 10 times. Gratefully, with prescription cream and OTC allergy medicine it's beginning to clear up and I can wear shoes and sleep through the night, and only be bothered occasionally with minor discomfort!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That does not look or sound fun. I am so sorry. I wish I could do something for you! What in the world in the wrap could have caused that? How odd! I once heard you can be allergic to anything. You are living proof! :)
That is still so crazy! I'm glad that it is getting better. Who would have thought you could have gotten an allergic reaction from the bandage?
Post a Comment