So I'm forcing myself to post pictures from our summer events before I post the 'first day of school' photos. Seriously, I don't why I procrastinate my blog. This probably isn't supposed to feel like a chore, but at times it does. I just enjoy looking at my friends blogs with their cute photos and funny stories, and think....why bother putting up mine? Does my family even check it?
We were very lucky to have the chance to cabin camp at the beautiful Priest Lake. Craig has a buddy who takes his family there every year. They weren't able to this time and offered the cabins to us. We invited our friends Bill and Julia with their 3 boys. We were excited to use our new truck and pack the whole family in it with our jet skis.Of course, all the boys need to be happy while camping is fire, sticks, and dirt. We did have one mishap. I failed to put Breck's bag in the truck!! Luckily Julia also has a baby and was prepared with extra clothes and wipes. I just had to buy diapers at the local convient store.
I love this first photo! It was a hilarious moment. He saw me taking pictures and stretched his mouth open so wide and was so intense. His hands were even tightly clasped in fists. It was the goofiest thing!
Craig and Bill took the older boys and had a great hike up to some slippery rocks. I was a little bummed I didn't get to go. It would have been too much for our little guys. So I'm putting it on the long list of things to do 'when all the boys are older'. Craig rode these rocks with his Young Men on their high adventure last year and wanted us to experience it. Hudson and Rylan had a blast wrapping in the garbage bag and zipping down!Thanks Bill for the great photos- Okay so we got home from our camping trip Wed afternoon and our flight to Ohio left Thursday morning at.....6:30 AM What were we thinking?!!! Oh yeah, we weren't thinking.
It's alway easier to fly going TO your destination because everyone is excited to fly and can't wait to see everyone and party! It's the flight HOME that is another story!
Gavin was so wasted!!!! He needed to sleep. We begged him to sleep during the 3 hours layover in SLC. (We discovered our flights had changed a bit since we bought them. This was not our choice)
This is a true consecutive conversation Craig and I had with Gavin on the flight from Cleveland to SLC:
Gavin asked some question, and Craig asked What? Then Gavin says, "I'M TALKING TO MOM!" So he tells me something. Then I respond and he says, "STOP TALKING TO ME!" So I do and then Gavin turns to the window and says, "STUPID SUN!" and closes the blind and says "CRAZY SUN!" Craig and I just silently laughed and gave the poor kid his space.
It wasn't until the take off our our flight to Spokane that he fell asleep.
We had a great mini reunion with my family! We got to stay with my sister Nissa and her family. My brother Nye and his family drove up to be with us, and my mom flew in for the weekend too. We had a blast at the zoo, discovery center, swimming, playing games, visiting,and more.



8 comments:
I'm not family, but I read it! :) I feel the same way sometimes, but I remind myself that I post mostly for me for the future. Kinda hard to put all those photos in my journal. :)
I check your blog:) Sounds like you had a great summer. Hope the first day of school is as good for you as it was for me!
What a fun time! I'm glad that it is not just been cold here- I've been telling Sean, "Spokane is probably great weather right now!" We can't wait to come see you!
I check your blog all the time and think to myself - "I need to get working on mine!" Cute pics and funny story about Gavin. It was great to see you!
Great summer memories. Too bad it can't last longer. I love Breck's face in that picture too. And Gavin's conversation...those are fun to write down and read again. They'll say the funniest/strangest things
Cute picture of Breck! And the convesation with Gavin was SO funny! Poor guy, just needed some sleep! Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy summer!
It looks like you had an exciting month. I can't believe how much Breck has grown, his "mouth" picture cracks me up.
Thanks for letting me know you're all out there!
Post a Comment