Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yummy

Hmmm. I must like food or something because here is another post concerning food. Really I'm just trying to use my time wisely. Let me explain. I just finished emailing recipes out that will go into a Relief Society recipe book. One of them I actually didn't get from any of you great cooks -so I wanted to share it. It's from Kraft's great free quarterly magazine. Our family loves it! It called

Saucy Pepper Steak

1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 small onion, cut into strips
1 lb. well-trimmed boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 C BBQ sauce
2 C hot cooked rice

Saute bell peppers and onions in a little oil for about 6-8 minutes, until crisp-tender. Transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm. Add meat, garlic, and black pepper to the same skillet; cook and stir 3 min. Add soy sauce; cook 1 min. or until meat is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add BBQ sauce; cook until heated through. Spoon meat mixture on top of rice and top with sauteed vegetables.

1 comment:

Gretch said...

Yum! I'll have to try this soon. It looks really good! BTW, I love that magazine too!