#1 It was a normal evening and Breck was ready for bed. I let him stay up a little longer because he was planying well. The next thing I knew he had tripped and hit his head directly on the corner of the wall. He got a nice bump and bruise above his eye, a bruise on nose and a gash above his lip. Ahh. It was wide enough we questioned if he should get stitches. We opted to stick a band-aid on it. This is what he looked like the next morning:
What a cute mustache huh'!
#2 The second accident happened a month later, also at NIGHT (why is that?) It was a Saturday night to be exact. The boys were taking their showers to get cleaned up. I heard some crying from Gavin. I go to check it out, and he's bleeding. Then I see a gash and exposed skin on his chin. Ewww-I paniced. LUCKILY Craig was home and took over the situation. Once I got a grip I helped as nurse while Craig got the game plan ready to give Gavin stitches. He didn't have the right suture size at the office so he got a friend from the ward who is a Dr to go to the office and help. Gavin was amazing. He sat SO still while Craig got him numb and our friend put in 5 stitches. So Gavin is our first child to get stitches. It has finally happened. He got himself some attention Sunday that was for sure! We called his stitches his 'wiskers' because they looked like little 'stubble' on his chin.
How did he hurt himself in the shower you ask? He was in our master bathroom shower which has a built in bench. He was standing on it, slipped, and hit his chin on the edge. He wasn't a cut. It was a gash.
Needless to say I have been using Mederma on Breck and Gavin's scars to hopefully help them.

Mind you I put ice on this thing immediately and took ibuprofen. I thought my lip was going to burst it got so big. Luckily the swelling dramatically went down after 3 hours so I didn't look quite so hideous when Craig got home. It was bruised inside for many days after.
3 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you put an update cuz I love em! What an accident-prone family :) hehe those pictures are sweet!
Wow that is quite a thrilling 3 months.
Ouch, Nicole. I didn't realize you got hurt too! Mouth injuries are painful! Poor little Breck. Love the mustache band-aid . And Gavin looked so brave. What an adventurous spring you had!
Post a Comment