Saturday, November 20, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year I didn't get a whole family shot of us all in our costumes. Craig and I didn't dress up on Halloween night-just for a party we all went to. In fact, I didn't get a photo of Craig. It was a crazy night.

I still enjoy Halloween. I was the kid that still went out trick-or-treating as a teenager with her friends. I don't know if or when I'll 'out grow' it. I still think it's fun to choose a costume and dress up. I already have ideas for Craig and I next year.....
This year we had 2 skeletons, a pirate, shark, a surfer, and Captain America.
I was lucky that Gavin wanted to wear Rylan's old costume I made for him for kindergarten. Hudson wanted to be a skeleton too. None of the store bought costumes fit him right. So I cut out and sewed felt bones on his black shirt/pants.






















I must admit, it was fun making Breck's costume. I got the idea from a costume at Old Navy. I googled a way to make a homemade shark costume and found a surprising easy idea off of Martha Stewart. Luckily Breck liked wearing his hood and enjoyed showing off his shark bite!





I wanted to have a costume for myself that correlated with Breck's. I came up with a surfer who got attacked by a shark. I liked the fact that my costume was fun and easy to make.....and free.

No comments: