One morning a few weeks ago I was making an omelet. I just chopped the onions when Breck asked for a slice of cheddar cheese. I was in a hurry and used the same knife I used for the onion. Breck took a bite and immediately told me yuck- it didn't taste good. So I got a clean knife and gave him another slice-told him sorry and explained what happened.
This got Breck thinking. Here is our conversation:
Breck: Is white cheese made from onion?
Mom: No onions grow in the ground in gardens and cheese is made from milk.
Breck: I think yellow cheese is made from milk, orange juice, and cheese flavor.
I just let it go. I got a good chuckle out of his logic and how he tried to make connections based on the food's color.
I love my job....getting to stay home and catch these fun moments.....thanks Craig for making it possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment