Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reflections of Christ

I love Mark Mabry's amazing photography of the recreation of Christ's life. I got the video REFLECTIONS OF CHRIST last year. It was wonderful to learn how he created and took each shot as well as the experience he and the actors had in this journey. The music is beautiful. I instantly feel the Spirit when I watch this. You don't have to buy the DVD to see the slideshow. You can see it {here}.

A couple of weeks again I revisited his website and discovered he made another slideshow titled ANOTHER TESTAMENT. I ordered that video and it came! We watched it as a family tonight. Just as powerful as the first one. He and his team went to Hondurus to shoot the pictures. They got permission to do it at the ruins there. They used many local people as the actors. Again, a touching story to watch of how this experience affected the actors as they acted out the account of Christ visiting the Nephites after his death. It wasn't 100% scripted. The actors were directed to approach the actor portraying the Savior only if and when they wanted. You can't see the finished slideshow that is shown on the DVD, but you can watch {this} It combines a portion of REFLECTIONS OF CHRIST at the beginning. Then it shows finished photographs mixed with the filming of the actors when Mark was taking the photographs.

No comments: