Going under the LAZER that is. Yup. I did it! Thurs. June 21st I got enough nerve {and $} and got LASIK eye surgery!!!! I had to wear my glasses for 2 weeks prior so my eyes could reach their natural shape. I really thought I was going to HATE that part. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. It helps that I love my glasses. I've had them for a few years and by far WERE my most stylish pair.
I went to Dr. Gary Fillmore to have my eyes done. It helped my nerves that he is a family friend and has done his wife's eyes along with his sisters, sister-in-law, and 3 of my friends. ~they all turned out fine! Truthfully, Gary and his staff were amazing and I felt my eyes were in good hands.
Just like I was told the procedure was very fast. I was told that during the 4 hours after the surgery I will experience the most discomfort. Then I could take a nap, and usually patients feel much better after that.
Well, that is what happened for me. My surgery was at 9:00 AM. Once the numbing drops wore off I experienced a burning sensation. All I wanted to do was sit in a dark room with my sunglasses on and close my eyes. I had to put drops in my eyes every 2-10 minutes. This was good because it brought a bit of relief. Around 11:30 I took some Ibuprofin and I felt MUCH better soon after. The burning subsided, and I wasn't as sensitive to the light. I was ready for my nap at 1:00. Sure enough I felt pretty normal when I woke up. Other than the fact that I had to wear these BEAUTIES all day and night. (plus every night for a week)
There are holes everywhere for me to put my lubricating and medicating drops in. Oh my, by the end of the day it was REALLY hard to see through them with all the splattered drops.
The next morning I drove MYSELF to my check up appt. The flaps looked good and my eye sight was 20/15! AMAZING.
Each day I've felt better and have gotten used to NOT touching ANY part of my eye. I can't wipe away the drops that puddle and dry on my lashes and skin under my eyes. Can't wait for a week to pass when I can. Just a couple of days to go.


2 comments:
Oh I am jealous! I totally want mine done! I didn't know about all that stuff after though-glad you recorded it!
Sounds just like my experience. So happy for you Nicole!! Lasik is amazing!
Post a Comment