We have some girl power going on here at the Simmons. At the end of April we bought 5 little chicks:
- 1 Rhode Island Red
- 1 Speckled Sussex
- 1 Delaware
- 2 Araucanas
I'm really excited about the Araucanas because they lay colored eggs! I just think that is so fun. It was awesome to hold these dang cute fuzzy little things. We got a kick out of watching them run around and listen to their 'peep' sound. We were instantly in love.
Breck was a real pro with picking up the girls. He just gets right in there. Luckily he did well with not holding them too tightly...*Gulp*




2 comments:
I love that you guys got these! They are so tiny and cute!
You'll have to do some more posts as your chicks get bigger. Love to hear how it goes. I'd love to have chickens--though I wonder how well it would work with our dogs
Post a Comment