I have been in a homemade mood lately. I have wanted to make my own things instead of buying them. Probably mostly due to the fact I can control what it put in there....eliminate preservatives and artificial flavorings.
Here is the bread I now make and use exclusively. It is AMAZING. It is the best homemade bread to use for sandwiches.
Here is the recipe:
Soften together: 2TBSP yeast, 1/2 C. Warm water
Combine: 1 can evaporated milk
1 can warm water
1/3 C. Oil
2 tsp salt
1/2 C honey
8 C flour
Rise and shape into loaves, rise again. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. (I have have made it with 2 c of
white wheat and it tasted fine).
My next experiment was to make homemade goldfish.
Homemade Teddy Grahams
■1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
■ 1 cup white whole wheat flour
■1/2 cup sugar
■1 tsp. baking powder
■1/2 tsp. baking soda
■1/2 tsp. salt
■1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I personally like more cinnamon and less nutmeg)
■1/4 tsp. nutmeg
■5 Tbs. honey
■1 tsp. vanilla
■1/2 cup butter, melted
■1/4 cup water
Mix dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer on low. Add the honey, butter, and vanilla. Slowly add the water until the dough comes together nicely. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Working in sections, roll out dough on floured surface, cut into shapes, and bake on cookie sheets for 6-8 minutes, or until bottoms are brown.





1 comment:
yey for new recipes! Thanks for sharing. Always fun to try something new and something fun for the kids. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment