Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW GALORE

Here are photos of our last snow storm that hit. It happened almost a year ago January. I heard on the news last night that our city's record is 12.7" of snow in a 24 hour period.

Well it started snowing yesterday afternoon and hasn't stopped as of now 1:45 pM Thursday. This morning at 10:30 AM we checked our backyard and it read
Yeah-we beat the record! Needless to say the kids are out of school, Craig only worked until noon, the trash pickup is cancelled, one hospital cancelled their non life threatning scheduled operations, the county courthouse is closed. But the Gonzaga game we have tickets for is still on tonight....wahoo!


This is a dry light snow, so there aren't any army of snowmen in our yard. Instead the kids have had a blast building tunnels and forts! Enjoy it boys because the artic cold will be returning in a few days. We'll be down to single digits + windchill = negative numbers . Oh, and there is much more snow in the forecast. Hmmm....I know I like a white Christmas, but come on. Christmas on an island with sun, sand, and warmth sounds amazing right now!!!!







4 comments:

lisa said...

Looks like your boys are having fun! We also have a lot of snow! After Christmas I'll be ready for Spring! :)

Lisa said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! We're supposed to be getting our first snow of the season today, but I don't think it will be even close to that much. Your boys must be in heaven!

Amanda Howell said...

So my girls are so jealous. It has been a bit cold here lately but never any snow. We thought it might the other night but no such luck. I on the other hand remember very vividly what it is like to live in snow, hence, the move back to California. It does look like fun though.

Lisa Mc. said...

That is so cute! Wow my kids are so jealous that they canceled school for just two feet of snow! Wish we were there to ski it!